What is a LinkedIn Company Page?
LinkedIn is a professional online community that makes it easy to find and connect with people that may benefit your business. If used properly, LinkedIn can be a great platform for the growth of your company and a Company Page helps LinkedIn members learn
about your business, brand, products and services, and job opportunities.
It’s all about joining the right Groups and connecting with the right people.
What do I need to create a Company Page?
To be eligible to create a company page first make sure your company does not already have one set-up, and read the requirements. Requirements include that you must have a personal LinkedIn account to create your Company Page from, and that you have a
distinct work email domain. Your Company Page will be set-up as an offset of your personal page as LinkedIn is about linking business to people and making connections,not solely about product promotion.
How do I set-up my Company Page?
Setting up your Company Page can be completed in a few simple steps:
- At the top of your homepage move cursor over Interests and select Companies.
- Click Create in the Create a Company Page box on the right.
- Enter your company’s official name and your work email address.
- Click ‘Continue’ and enter your company information.
- A link will be sent to the email address provided; use this to verify your account.
- You will need to enter your company details to make up your company profile. This includes contact details and basic information about your company such as the industry and number of staff. This is where you can add administrators and link your Company Page up with personal LinkedIn contacts.
- Once you are happy with your profile click ‘Publish’ to make your Company Page go live. It is better to set up a full profile before inviting all your contacts to check it out. Think about what your audience will see and how this will impact
on the image projected of your business.
Promoting your company page
Now that your Company Page is set-up, start thinking of some ways you can actively promote it. Here are some ideas to generate interest for your page:
- Get your staff to create their own personal LinkedIn page and link to the company page.
- ‘Join’ and ‘Follow’ groups or pages.
- ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ other Group’s’ news updates as other groups and people on LinkedIn will see your activity, creating more exposure of your brand.
- Update your own news on your Company Page Overview. Here you can attach links and choose specific groups to share your news with.
- Add LinkedIn’s Share plugins to your sites. The two most beneficial plugins to start with are the ‘Share on LinkedIn plugin’ that allows people to share your website with their LinkedIn contacts, and the ‘Follow Company plugin’ that sits as a link on your website or email marketing to instantly become a follower of your Company Page.
- Use Email to Send Invitations That Convert
- You can send out invitations to get your contacts to join your LinkedIn group. Rather than using the LinkedIn template, you’ll get much better success rates by crafting a more targeted message.
- Include a reason why they should join and make sure this aligns with your business’s marketing message
- What can they expect
- Invite them to participate
- Brand your email with your logo and be sure to use a clear call to action,such as “Join Now.”
- Who do you want to meet? Make a target list of companies and people you want to connect with then use the information you gather to send thoughtful,smart messages.
- Create engaging content: it needs to be both useful and worthy of a discussion,often it is the simple things that create the most interest.
- Remember most people won’t ‘Like’ or leave a comment. Some will just be watching, listening and learning from those who are taking part.
So keep posting and don’t be discouraged!